POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Wait, what? : Re: Wait, what? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:19:37 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Wait, what?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 22 Jun 2010 12:45:46
Message: <4c20e8ba$1@news.povray.org>
On Tue, 22 Jun 2010 09:49:19 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> On 6/22/2010 9:39 AM, Mike Raiford wrote:
>
>> Soo.. "Iceberg, dead ahead! ... Hey, you guys want snowcones? makes"
>> perfect sense.
>>

> And I can't seem to ge.t my punctuation right

My read was more "news is no longer about news but getting people's
opinions on the news; let's see what people think about that".

It's self-referential humour pointing out that opinions are the new
"news" - and facts don't matter to the news business.

I've long held that the "news" media is more about telling people what to
think than reporting facts and letting people decide for themselves what
to think about it.

Part of the first line says it all:  "The media, rather than informing
people, now merely report on public ignorance."  Then they actively
demonstrate that by saying "so, what do people think?"

Jim