POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Delicious and moist : Re: Delicious and moist Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:21:32 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Delicious and moist
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jun 2010 07:13:11
Message: <4c209ac7$1@news.povray.org>
>> but it's hard to make a sequel and keep it simple.

Well, I don't know. Most of Portal is really just "Get from point A to
point B. Oh, did I mention the lava? Try to avoid touching it." You
presumably don't need too much of an explanation to head into another
hall of mirrors doing more of the same.

> Yeah, I'm a bit disappointed that it looks like it's going to take place
> inside the enrichment center again.

Uh, yeah. Considering that you just levelled that thing... how does that
work, exactly?

> I was trying to figure out how you
> do a sequel with the portal gun outdoors and still make it a game,
> without turning it into an entirely different game (like an FPS).

The whole point (or hole point?) of the portal gun is that it allows you
to get around obsticles. The outdoors doesn't have any obsticles. (Nor
any flat surfaces, for that matter.) It might be useful to cross the
grand canyon, but you still wouldn't have anywhere to put the other end
of the portal anyway.

Although I hear there's a TF2 mod with portal guns... It looked, uh, crazy.