POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Stupid question time : Re: Stupid question time Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:20:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Stupid question time
From: Invisible
Date: 22 Jun 2010 03:55:52
Message: <4c206c88$1@news.povray.org>
> Plus, of course, the question isn't "what's
> the difference" but "which should I use?"  If you haven't figured out
> that mapping of "what I asked" to "what information I'm looking for",
> then *you* are the one that's silly. ;-)

I'm still trying to think of any software that's capable of producing
such files. (And, therefore, where the hell this person even found those
names from...)

>> Should you leave the card for me to sign? Actually no; just hand it
>> over blank. It'll be fine, right?
>
> Better than if it arrives too late perhaps.

There's no possibility of that. I'm personally going there anyway, so...

> You're not even spelling it consistently, so who are you to argue? ;-)

*gasp* You mean some guy who was sent to a school for people with
learning difficulties due to his total inability to read and write
actually spelt something wrong? GIVE ME A ****ING BREAK! It's old, OK? I
can't spell. We get it. Can we please move on now?

> And in this case the right answer is "multiply by ..." to convert the
> units.

Fortunately, since I'm having this conversation with a scientist who
comprehends how SI units work, I didn't have much difficulty explaining
what the problem was. We both quickly concluded that there is no
universal way to do the conversion, although in the specific instance
we're looking at there probably is a conversion (but that doesn't help
because we don't know what it is).

> Again, you're thinking the question asked is silly, while what's
> actually likely to be happening is you are answering the question asked
> rather than providing the information requested.

As I say, this is the least-silly question I got asked. It's more in the
relm of "dude, that's really quite random" than "that's a stupid thing
to ask".