POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Did I kill the newsgroup? : Re: Did I kill the newsgroup? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Did I kill the newsgroup?
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 21 Jun 2010 14:29:27
Message: <4c1faf87$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 21 Jun 2010 12:28:24 -0500, Mike Raiford wrote:

> On 6/21/2010 7:27 AM, Invisible wrote:
>> Mike Raiford wrote:
>>
>>> IKEA furniture assembly is never simple ;)
>>
>> O RLY?
>
> You should see my wife's attempts at furniture assembly. The diagrams
> rarely depict clearly what should be happening. If you don't have
> experience with Build-it-yourself furniture, the task can be daunting.
> It took my wife an afternoon to assemble a night stand. In the same
> amount of time I put together and installed 3 pieces of a modular
> shelving/cabinet system.

The only thing about this nightstand that was odd was that they showed
the lock bolts facing outward on the back; I assembled that bit
backwards, didn't seem to make a difference, and I think it looks
better. :-)  (Not that it matters much, that side is against a wall)

I'll probably find out later that doing it that way means the whole thing
will fall apart because I can't tighten them easily.

Jim