POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.beta-test : Beta 37a for Linux? : Re: Beta 37a for Linux? Server Time
1 Jul 2024 14:31:14 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Beta 37a for Linux?
From: Jim Holsenback
Date: 21 Jun 2010 08:02:01
Message: <4c1f54b9$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/21/2010 07:18 AM, geep999 wrote:
> Hi,
> Just a question - will there be a Beta 37a for Linux?

Indeed linux source releases have been lagging windows. I believe there
is someone addressing this, but hasn't been able to spend much time
moving this issue forward.

> I documented elsewhere a recipe - http://tinyurl.com/39say8p - to merge
> Windows Beta 37 into a Linux Beta 35a tree, and was just looking to do the same
> with 37a but don't find the source code.

Just a heads up ... you should be aware that there have been changes to
the ~smp/vfe/unix tree that you're not picking up with this method (ie:
mosaic preview bug fix for one)

Jim