POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.animations : Long parsing time due to large SDL code and large image maps. : Re: Long parsing time due to large SDL code and large image maps. Server Time
25 Apr 2024 20:31:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Long parsing time due to large SDL code and large image maps.
From: Christian Froeschlin
Date: 20 Jun 2010 20:25:38
Message: <4c1eb182@news.povray.org>
CAD-Andi wrote:

> Do they still consider new features for 3.7?

Only in exceptional cases so I wouldn't get my hopes up.
Also I'm not sure when I'll get around to playing with the
newest source code.

> It would be awesome if the makers of povray could allow you to make a
> "patched binary" public

Well the good news is that the normal license allows for this so
once 3.7 final is out anyone can publish patched versions of it.

In the mean time, note that if all you need to do is render the
same scene from multiple view points in one pass, you could do this
using Mega-POV and camera_view pigments (where the main camera looks
at a grid of boxes displaying the individual frames, resulting in one
huge image which you then have to tile later).