POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contract o= : Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action?("Contra= Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action?("Contra=
From: Stephen
Date: 17 Jun 2010 02:59:02
Message: <4c19c7b6$1@news.povray.org>
On 16/06/2010 9:08 PM, Markus Altendorff wrote:

> Aw c'mon, if I bother to fire up the 3D, then I want to tell some kind
> of story, dangnabbit ;)

Your animations *do* tell a story. I on the other hand prefer doing
cyclic animations where the story is inferred.

>>> And my hypothesis in this regard has always been that a shorter
>>> time to complete forces a simpler project, and limits the duration of
>>> agony for
>>> a poorly designed one.
>>
>> I thought the opposite before but thinking about it, you're right.
>
> I beg to differ, but I'm easily persuaded :)

out for me for the moment.

>>> But I'll toss that idea out for whatever contest design,
>>> youtube or TC-RTC would make the old IRTC Animators produce material
>>> again.
>>
>> We can have what ever we want for the TC-RTC and I like the idea of
>> uploading a 10 Meg animation and posting a link to youtube as well.
>
> So far, my Youtubes have been "oh lookit here, the new Cinema4D can do
> bouncing cubes" ... not sure if throwing recreated tutorial output
> around is the right thing to get back into TC-RTCing ;)

I meant it more along the lines of defeating the 10 Meg limit for
uploaded files. But maybe YouTube is not the best place.

>>> Markus, was your promise to *consider* producing, for an "open" TC-RTC
>>> round?
>
> There's still time until August 31, I gather?

The animation side of the site seems to be broken ATM and the server is
going to offline for a physical move this weekend. After that has been

again. Since it has been very quiet we can start afresh if no-one is
working on anything, maybe talk about new rules etc. There is some talk
about redesigning the site as work experience for a graduating student.

> See, my bat lady's wing
> mesh setup is pretty much in tatters at the moment, but I don't want to
> get back to a "legacy" configuration... :S

Ouch!

>> Overnight rendering is de rigueur. :-)
>
> Clustering isn't too shabby either :)

Nice.

> (though I must admit, since I switched from "idling workstation 2006" to
> "thin desktop 2009" for the daily computing stuff, my power bill has
> dropped by 1/3 ... and that tiny box is still good enough to complete a
> couple hundred frames overnight. Science! Progress! Isn't it wonderful?) ;)

Truly :-D

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen