POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead : Re: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:23 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead
From: Darren New
Date: 16 Jun 2010 12:18:32
Message: <4c18f958$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> Yes and yes. Although I hear it less frequently for the latter. The
> former's case is not that rare.

I guess I just object to taking a movie like ZombieLand or something, and
turning it into a fantasy by having the character say "Nobody is sure where
zombies came from, maybe a wizard in China." Or turning it into science
fiction by having him say "Nobody is sure where zombies came from, maybe an
escaped science lab."  Yet having them otherwise be exactly the same movie.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly