POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Latest Logicsim build ... : Re: Latest Logicsim build ... Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:21:03 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Latest Logicsim build ...
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 15 Jun 2010 16:22:09
Message: <4c17e0f1$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/15/2010 2:59 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I generally just don't code anything at that hour. It never ****ing
> works right anyway.

Yeah, probably good advice. ;)

> Heh, well, I did wonder. Actually, as I say, I just assumed that since
> it was *so* wrong, you must already know about it but just haven't got
> round to fixing it yet.

There are some things like that in there at the moment, but that was not
one of them.

> Pah. Mutable state is evil! ;-)

Eh, I'm thinking of a way of managing that part of the app in a much
cleaner manner, anyway.

You have to change the state of the objects somehow....

> Very, very slowly. Like, I'm having trouble making it so that I can add
> and remove wires and stuff efficiently and still be able to look up what
> connects to what efficiently and...

My progress isn't as quick (or as clean) as I would like, but yeah... I
had similar challenges. Quadtrees help if you're looking for something
at a particular location, btw ;)

> (See my post about "highly redundant data structures.)

I'll have a look at this...

> You, by comparison, have got something that *runs*. I'm still faffing
> around with design choices.

Yeah, it limps along, I suppose ;)

You're coding it in Haskell, aren't you?

--
~Mike