POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:15:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jun 2010 12:31:42
Message: <4c17aaee$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/06/2010 4:30 PM, Sabrina Kilian wrote:

> Yeah, after that he switches to different meow, myurp, bzzzrt noises,
> and only responds when you get somewhat close to the last sound he made.
> It's a game, but I don't know the rules.

I don't know those words. They learn them from their mothers, you know.
Not every cat speeks.

> He either doesn't know he has sharp claws, or he thinks I am better
> armored. Could be either.

A high pitched whine will let him know. But it depends how old he is,
really.

> He knows that stretching his paws and clawing
> people gets him pushed off of laps, so that's reduced. But, tapping his
> claws on my face does wake me up, and if that is what he is after then
> it's hard to counter that positive reward.

LOL. My mother-in-law's cat used to gently bite you upper lip to wake
you up. Not painful but the FISH BREATH. Yeuch!

> The claws I deserve, apparently, for either oversleeping breakfast, or
> for having the bad manners to roll over after he has thrown a toy on my bed.

True :-P

> Catch was easy, throw something and it will get swatted the the floor.
> If he can get his claws into it, it will get picked up an thrown again
> with no help from me.
>
> He's worked up to "Alright, I hit it in your general direction, you
> fetch it." That last step is the tough one for cats.

Now, that is him training you ;-)

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen