POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contract o= : Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action?("Contract o= Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action?("Contract o=
From: Stephen
Date: 15 Jun 2010 07:45:41
Message: <4c1767e5$1@news.povray.org>
On 15/06/2010 10:22 AM, Markus Altendorff wrote:

> Oh come on, I've had one ready for the TC-RTC opening:
> http://tc-rtc.co.uk/displayallimages/animation/18/2007-May.html
>
> It just didn't get voted on, so it's kinda in the back-catalog where
> you've got to know where to look for it :)
>
> (I think I was the only one who tried the voting, so I ended up kicking
> my own entry (can't vote on it) off the list. D'oh ;)

allowed voting time. Shame that the automatic bonus for voting on all
other entries was not working as you would have been at the top of the
scoreboard.

> What would it take? Time and energy. Time isn't actually that bad, it's
> more of a energy/motivation thing. I feel I'm getting too old to pull 3D
> edit all-nighters AND show up to work the next morning... I'm still
> intrigued by the TC-RTC topics, and usually write down a screenplay, but
> when it comes to sitting down and actually turning it into 3D ... seeing
> what people with time and dedication at hand can come up with (vaguely
> looking at all those students of CG art and animation with their diploma
> works available on YouTube), I know that my output will never be
> polished enough or look anything like my imagination, so I end up with a
> ton of "why bother" crushing all intent to go beyond scripting and
> scribbling... :(

I agree, the effort is enormous when working full time. My last

> Though I *do* appreciate being mentioned here, after all that time
> (three years... sigh.) ... who knows, might as well try and bring the
> old girls back this time. :)
>
> I'm not promising anything, mind you...

The animation section of TC-RTC has been way too quiet and it would be
good if we could get it restarted again.

--

Best Regards,
	Stephen