POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contract o= : Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contract o= Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:22:21 EDT (-0400)
  Re: What would it take to get Rusty & Anthrosphinx back in action? ("Contract o=
From: Markus Altendorff
Date: 15 Jun 2010 05:22:32
Message: <4c174658$1@news.povray.org>
On 14.06.2010 18:23, gregjohn wrote:
> IRTC is apparently unable to host animations because of the limitations of the
> software language/ system is was designed under.
>
> TC-RTC has not, IIRC, ever had either John vanSickle's "Rusty" character or
> Markus' "Anthrosphinx" character. TC-RTC has had a couple of single and
> zero-entry rounds for animation. And the latest round is "open," which sort of
> means it's over.  So yes, I'm talking about starting over.

Oh come on, I've had one ready for the TC-RTC opening:
http://tc-rtc.co.uk/displayallimages/animation/18/2007-May.html

It just didn't get voted on, so it's kinda in the
back-catalog where you've got to know where to look for it :)

(I think I was the only one who tried the voting, so I ended
up kicking my own entry (can't vote on it) off the list. D'oh ;)

> What would it take, John and Markus, (maybe even Matt) to get you to produce
> another animation?  Could we come up with a contract, say that we all agree to
> work on an animation under X criteria, and uploaded to Youtube by a certain
> date? (If a hundred other pov'vers were making animations, I'd be delighted and
> ignore those two guys, but somehow I think that the disappearance of regular
> IRTC animators is key. )

What would it take? Time and energy. Time isn't actually
that bad, it's more of a energy/motivation thing. I feel I'm
getting too old to pull 3D edit all-nighters AND show up to
work the next morning... I'm still intrigued by the TC-RTC
topics, and usually write down a screenplay, but when it
comes to sitting down and actually turning it into 3D ...
seeing what people with time and dedication at hand can come
up with (vaguely looking at all those students of CG art and
animation with their diploma works available on YouTube), I
know that my output will never be polished enough or look
anything like my imagination, so I end up with a ton of "why
bother" crushing all intent to go beyond scripting and
scribbling... :(

Though I *do* appreciate being mentioned here, after all
that time (three years... sigh.) ... who knows, might as
well try and bring the old girls back this time. :)

I'm not promising anything, mind you...

-Markus