POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead : Re: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:48 EDT (-0400)
  Re: I unofficially declare sci-fi movie genre officially dead
From: Darren New
Date: 14 Jun 2010 12:05:14
Message: <4c16533a@news.povray.org>
somebody wrote:
> your company marbles to the sanity and physical health of a single human?

It wasn't a single human, tho. Certainly physical health wasn't a problem,
and presumedly part of the job of the computer was to replace the clones if
there was a mental problem.

> Everything was so cardboardy.

I'll grant that. I don't know why everyone thought it was so great.

Neeum Zawan wrote:
 > This may have been a slipup, although I have no memory of it. The only
 > Earth to moon conversation I recall was with the robot - and I don't
 > actually remember it.

He called his wife and daughter when he found out he was a clone. It wasn't
the sort of scene that would have the same kind of punch if you put a
three-second delay into the conversation.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly