POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:23:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 14 Jun 2010 08:43:50
Message: <4c162406$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/12/2010 1:57 PM, Orchid XP v8 wrote:

> I thought most PDAs come with a stylus? (Or they have a useless
> trackball like that Blackberry I had the misfortune of needing to
> configure...)

They do. And how do you think that stylus works? Touch screen! and one
of the most rudimentary types, too! (Because the more advanced
capacitative touch screens won't work with a plastic stylus.. but the
ones built of a grid of embedded lines work just fine with the stylus,
but are rather inconvenient because they have flexible layers, can wear
easily, and somewhat obscure the screen due to their design, if you look
closely, you can see the little dots that act as standoffs between the
grid points)

An exception to the touch-screen stylus idea is something like a Wacom
tablet, which uses an inductive system (similar to RFID) but, those have
been around for ages ....

--
~Mike