POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:24:33 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Sabrina Kilian
Date: 13 Jun 2010 16:11:48
Message: <4c153b84$1@news.povray.org>
Orchid XP v8 wrote:
>>> Are you going to re-create the model in Dwarf Fortress? :P
>>
>> Did you see the post about making DF turing complete? Apparently you
>> can connect waterfalls or dwarfs or something to do NAND gates and
>> build an entire computer out of it.
>
> And people tell *us* we're stupid for building a Turing-complete ray
> tracer???

I don't know that it was intentional. Allowing water to control
floodgates seems simple enough, the small step of allowing it to control
other paths of water just jumps it from simple simulation into "wtf are
these people doing?" territory.

If I can survive the next siege, my megaproject is a multi-level full
sky cistern. Controlled obsidian rainfall. Very dwarven, I think.