POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.binaries.scene-files : Luminous Bloom 7 : Re: Luminous Bloom 7 Server Time
17 May 2024 01:02:06 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Luminous Bloom 7
From: Alain
Date: 13 Jun 2010 10:58:17
Message: <4c14f209$1@news.povray.org>

> "Dave Blandston"<nomail@nomail>  wrote:
>> 7-zip opened the file. My guess is there's some proprietary formatting involved.
>> I'm excited to try out your code now.
>>
>> Regards,
>> Dave Blandston
>
> Apparently a 7-ZIPped ZIP,the archive should be extracted with 7-ZIP(7Z.EXE e
> LB7.ZIP),&  the result unzipped as usual. This applies also to Sam's
> HF_TOOLS.ZIP.
> Don't know why,but 7-ZIP's output(in both cases) is '[Content]',which I renamed
> TMP.ZIP before using the excellent util ENZIP.
> Tony Mayne

As you are using 7zip, make sure that you actualy output a ZIP file and
not a .7Z file.

I use IZArc, and it will correctly uncompress a valid archive even if it
don't have the right extention. It's quite possible that other utilities
may not be able to cope with a *.7Z file ranamed as *.ZIP. I think of
winzip, PKZip and the integrated windows zip support.

Alain