POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 19:23:47 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: clipka
Date: 12 Jun 2010 12:11:15
Message: <4c13b1a3@news.povray.org>
Am 12.06.2010 12:57, schrieb Orchid XP v8:
> Stephen wrote:
>
>> I would excuse you for seeming a little bit pessimistic but you come
>> across as more than that. You sound like someone who has no faith in
>> himself.
>
> Well, as I say, when you never achieve anything, it doesn't boost your
> confidence very much. (And hell, even when I do manage to do something
> moderately impressive, nobody seems to be impressed.)

Don't expect others to boost your confidence.

And don't measure your achievements by looking at famous people, or
goals still far beyond your reach - instead, measure your achievements
by looking back at where you started from.

>> can do things to stop making your self image worse. And one of those
>> things is stop running yourself down.
>
> Easier said than done, of course...

Sure. That's why we keep telling you. (And don't think you're the only
one who needs to hear this every now and again.)

>> You are personable and talented and there is no real reason why you

> Sure, other than my total inability to find anything to apply for.

Seriously, STFU. That's the first step to more self-confidence: If you
can't find anything positive to say about yourself, don't say anything,
and just STFU. Or maybe say something positive about others, to get into
a habit of seeing positive things (but make sure not to go into jealousy
mode).

> I don't know. Maybe it's just because it's Saturday morning and *yet
> again* I'm sitting all alone in my bedroom feeling bored and lonely,
> with nowhere to go and nobody to talk to. Perhaps I just need to go
> listen to some more Neil Sekada or something...

Could it be that being a loser once used to be a way for you to gain
something? Attention perhaps?

Gee, and we're delivering just that right now...