POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: New BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:46 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New BPM
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 12 Jun 2010 06:04:11
Message: <4c135b9b$1@news.povray.org>
Darren New wrote:

> What system are you looking at?

The GHC threading library.

The source code looks like it does a POSIX "get time of day" call, and
then uses the "microseconds past midnight" field to determine when the
schedule the wakeup call.

It strikes me that if between now and the intended wakeup time the clock
wraps past midnight, things are going to go wrong. But maybe I'm mistaken...

I'm also not sure if the same thing happens under Windows. It's kinda
tricky to follow all the CPP directives.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/