POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: Microcode Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:12 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Microcode
From: Darren New
Date: 11 Jun 2010 13:37:47
Message: <4c12746b$1@news.povray.org>
Mike Raiford wrote:
> well, of course there's some sort of counter. Else how would it work? ;)

That's what I'm saying. It *is* possible to design logic that doesn't have a
counter like that.

> I'm sure there is ... But I don't necessarily think it has to be ROM,
> per se, it could be a gate array...

Anything that works like a ROM where all you need to do is change *that*
part to have a new instruction set would do. Whether your ROM is implemented
with wires or gates doesn't matter that much to me.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly