POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:16:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: scott
Date: 11 Jun 2010 10:31:15
Message: <4c1248b3$1@news.povray.org>
> Maybe it's just the part of the world I live in, but I thought touch
> screen technology was still very rare?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_best-selling_mobile_phones
http://news.cnet.com/8301-13506_3-10389847-17.html

Put together the sales of all iPhones, iPods and clones and that's a huge
number of touch screens.

The Nintendo DS has a touch screen, and has sold 130m units according to
wikipedia.

Sales of portable navigation systems like TomTom have exploded in the last
few years, they all have touch screens.

Most LCDs put into cars for navigation also have touch screens.

LCDs sold to the industrial segment usually have touch screens (eg for use
to control machinery or to put into ATMs or POS machines etc).