POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 11:19:56 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 11 Jun 2010 08:37:25
Message: <4c122e05$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/11/2010 3:19 AM, Invisible wrote:

> I'm sure you can take it out. The problem is that you can't put anything
> else in its place, because it won't be the right shape and won't have
> the custom Renault-specific connectors. (They're probably different on
> every model of Renault too, just to stop you taking the stereo from an
> expensive car and putting it into a cheap car.)

I said it before: You can get an aftermarket dash panel to fit the new
radio in the car. Sometimes even the manufacturer supplies a suitable
panel (expect to pay through the nose for it)

and, yes, the radio will usually have a custom wiring harness. You can
get an adapter from any shop that sells head units. Just match your
model with the selection available. They're usually model specific,
sometimes they'll have the same for 3 models.

The times you'll run into problems is when the audio system has an
external amplifier, as these are usually adjusted specifically to the
head unit's output power and sometimes won't even work with an
aftermarket unit. (Bose systems are notorious for this...)

> Just courious now, but... Does a Renault Megane actually *have* an ECU?

If it's been built in the last 2 decades and doesn't have a carburetor,
then it probably has an ECU. If it's been built in the last 15 years,
then it most definitely has an ECU due to OBD requirements. (Actually, I
don't know if the European countries have a mandate for OBD II or not)

--
~Mike