POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:29 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: scott
Date: 11 Jun 2010 06:58:20
Message: <4c1216cc$1@news.povray.org>
>> Like I said, get a training or qualification if you are really
>> interested.
>
> And like I said, every geek on the planet wants to get paid to develop
> mathematical algorithms or design cutting-edge chips or build
> next-generation game engines or... The trouble is, there are a tiny
> handful of such jobs in the entire world, and therefore you are almost
> guaranteed to never be hired.

You *vastly* underestimate how many jobs require those skills.  Sure, most
are not as glamorous as designing the next GPU for the PlayStation 4, but if
you want to do digital circuit design for a job there are plenty of
opportunities in a vast range of industries.  If you were degree qualified I
could point you to an opening we have at the moment.