POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : The computer project : Re: The computer project Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:40 EDT (-0400)
  Re: The computer project
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jun 2010 05:27:47
Message: <4c120193$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>> Much as I'd love to spend all day nerding out over logic design,
>
> Get a qualification or training in electronics and apply for some jobs
> then. Don't expect someone to phone you up one day and say they saw your
> posts about building a CPU and want to employ you.  If you really want
> to do it then it's possible, but you have to put in some effort.

I don't think knowing how to throw a few 7400s together qualifies you as
a logic designer. Hell, there are kids out there who have spent years
playing with FPGAs and doing real qualifications and stuff who have
produced things actually worth having. Why hire me when you can hire one
of those kids?

My knowledge of logic design is insufficient for me to work as a logic
designer. My knowledge of computer programming is insufficient to work
as a programmer. (Everybody wants C. Nobody wants Haskell - and even
those that do also want you to write device drivers - in C.) My
knowledge of mathematics is insufficient to work as a mathematician. My
knowledge and more importantly skill level in music is vastly
insufficient for me to work as a musician. I could go on... but
basically it seems that all that's left for me is to sit and rot fixing
people's wetware issues - and I can't even seem to find anybody to hire
me for that.