POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:04 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: scott
Date: 11 Jun 2010 05:08:43
Message: <4c11fd1b$1@news.povray.org>
> I mean they've probably got all the connections in one of those big block
> terminals to prevent you from knowing which connection is which. (That's
> assuming there even *is* an input to the amplifier other than the tuner
> and CD DAC inside the head unit itself...)

I would imagine all the electronics are in the same box, it will simply have
speaker output on the back, plus some connector for the optional CD changer.
The CD changer probably has analogue inputs there, but you'd also need to
supply the correct signals to allow the head unit to switch to it.

> Just courious now, but... Does a Renault Megane actually *have* an ECU?

Probably a good dozen or two for various stuff, like controlling the
emissions and fuel consumption, the antilock brakes, the onboard diagnostics
(OBD) etc.  All cars have been been required by law to have an OBD port for
about the last 10 years, which kind of requires they have a CAN bus and
associated ECUs to generate and collect the data.