POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: New BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: New BPM
From: Invisible
Date: 11 Jun 2010 04:02:09
Message: <4c11ed81$1@news.povray.org>
>>> No, you do your processing, then you look at the highest resolution
>>> clock you have and figure out how much *longer* you have to wait,
>>> then you wait. Adjusting for the length of time it takes to figure
>>> out how much longer you have to wait.
>>
>> Except that figuring out how long you need to wait would *itself* take
>> time...
>
> You missed the second sentence of the two-sentence paragraph, didn't you?

No, I failed to comprehend it.

Even so, I'd suggest that it's more or less infeasible to determine how
long a calculation takes.

Either way, this would be *so much* easier if I could ask for absolute
rather than relative start times...

(I also love the way the internal implementation look like it's likely
to fail if you call threadDelay just before midnight... That's a nice
touch.)