POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:21:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 10 Jun 2010 13:17:14
Message: <4c111e1a@news.povray.org>
On 6/10/2010 10:53 AM, Darren New wrote:
> Invisible wrote:
>> My point is, it's not a standard-sized stereo that you can just replace.
>
> I doubt that's true. I suspect ifyou pulled the dashboard off, you'd see
> one of the standard-sized holes with a standard-sized radio with lots of
> trim making it fit smoothly into the dash.

Yep. It's the same as my civic, probably. Only apparently the civic you
can't actually remove the radio because it has part of the computer
system for the dashboard. You have to relocate the head unit somewhere
else if you want to use an aftermarket unit.

Usually shops that sell radios will have a dash plate that has an
opening designed to fit a standard radio. It looks just like the OEM,
only it's got a standard rectangular hole where the radio goes.

--
~Mike