POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:25 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jun 2010 10:57:52
Message: <4c10fd70$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
> Car companies can easily have 90%+ margin on optional extras.

Great. So I'm being deliberately stopped from doing something trivially
easy just so Renault can make more profit. *sigh*

> BTW, I'm sure with a little investigating you can find the analogue AUX
> inputs to the head unit and wire up a 3.5mm socket somewhere...

I wouldn't mind, but the stereo isn't replaceable. It's one of these
units that's welded to the dashboard. It's nice that it matches the
interior and everything (and it has things like satelite controls, and a
feature where it turns the volume up when you reach a certain speed),
but on the other hand it means you can *only* install one of the 4
models of stereo that Renault sell. And it's so expensive that you might
as well buy an entire new car; much cheaper than paying for an
authorised dealer to install an authorised unit.

And all because they didn't include a 12p audio socket...