POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:20:30 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: scott
Date: 10 Jun 2010 10:47:01
Message: <4c10fae5@news.povray.org>
> Seriously, is there any specific reason that I can't plug my MP3 player
> into my car? Or is it just so that Renault can extract more money from me
> to have an MP3-capable head unit installed? (And even then it still won't
> play Ogg Vorbis...)

Car companies can easily have 90%+ margin on optional extras, it's how they
make a significant proportion of their profit and it subsidises the base
price of the car.

BTW, I'm sure with a little investigating you can find the analogue AUX
inputs to the head unit and wire up a 3.5mm socket somewhere...