POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:21:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Invisible
Date: 10 Jun 2010 10:36:01
Message: <4c10f851$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:

> It's as if Sony had designed a car and created a power lead to plug in a
> radio, but all the radio creators decided to fit their products with
> batteries, so a third-party came along and created a battery pack and an
> extra power lead. I can just picture the Sony execs shaking their heads
> in bemusement.

Or as if the manufacturers could make radios with an audio socket where
you could plug in any concievable sound source, but instead they all
created radios with a cassette slot, so 3rd parties came up with a tape
adaptor...

...oh, wait, THAT'S EXACTLY WHAT HAPPENED! >_<

Seriously, is there any specific reason that I can't plug my MP3 player
into my car? Or is it just so that Renault can extract more money from
me to have an MP3-capable head unit installed? (And even then it still
won't play Ogg Vorbis...)