POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:17:10 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Jim Charter
Date: 10 Jun 2010 02:06:18
Message: <4c1080da$1@news.povray.org>
Neeum Zawan wrote:
> On 06/08/10 20:02, Jim Charter wrote:
>> Yes historically different things have been tried and particular roads
>> have been/are posted to reserve the left lane as a high speed lane or
>> passing lane.  On steep grades the left lane is often reserved for
>
> 	To clarify, in Illinois, you are allowed to drive on the left lane if
> no one is behind you. In some states, you just can't - unless you're
> overtaking.

Thanks for the clarification. Yes I see the shift in emphasis.  And the
question I should have asked earlier.  You are saying that this is true
just on the Interstate if I understand correctly.  Is that how it is
specified in the Traffic Code, that this applies to the interstate, or
is it posted on the roadway itself, or both?   I should have asked you
that earlier, how the information is being disseminated.  The interstate
is precisely where you would get a lot of out-of-state drivers, of course.