POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.advanced-users : Converting pre-gamma scenes to assumed_gamma = 1? : Re: Converting pre-gamma scenes to assumed_gamma = 1? Server Time
8 May 2024 06:17:50 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Converting pre-gamma scenes to assumed_gamma = 1?
From: clipka
Date: 9 Jun 2010 19:54:09
Message: <4c1029a1$1@news.povray.org>
Am 09.06.2010 13:26, schrieb clipka:
> If you do want to port the scene to the right math, here's what I expect
> to be the most important steps:

I just recalled another thing:

You may want to check your adc_bailout setting; in darker scenes, the
current defaults may still be too high and cause visible artifacts.

(I think the adc_bailout mechanism actually needs an overhaul to better
suit proper gamma handling as well as HDR output; I don't think it will
be too easy though.)