POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:18:13 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 9 Jun 2010 16:05:29
Message: <4c0ff409$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/08/10 20:02, Jim Charter wrote:
> Yes historically different things have been tried and particular roads
> have been/are posted to reserve the left lane as a high speed lane or
> passing lane.  On steep grades the left lane is often reserved for

	To clarify, in Illinois, you are allowed to drive on the left lane if
no one is behind you. In some states, you just can't - unless you're
overtaking.

> idea that in the general case they have some basic human right to drive
> over the speed limit in the left lane and someone driving the limit in
> the left lane is breaking the law.

	They may not have the right to overtake at higher than the speed limit,
but at least in Illinois, if you're on the left lane (interstate)
driving at the speed limit, and the guy behind you is driving above the
speed limit, you're required by law to switch to the right lane (i.e.
the fact that his actions are breaking the law is not relevant to your
responsibility to yield to him).

--
Outside a Muffler Shop:
"No appointment necessary. We hear you coming."