POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Alan Wake, AAARGH! : Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH! Server Time
4 Sep 2024 17:18:52 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Alan Wake, AAARGH!
From: Darren New
Date: 9 Jun 2010 11:52:02
Message: <4c0fb8a2$1@news.povray.org>
Phil Cook v2 wrote:
> you couldn't lock doors behind you to stop the AI path-finding :-)

What, in Thief?  If you pickpocketed the key, you could unlock the door, go
thru, lock it, and the AI couldn't follow because it didn't have the key. It
totally worked.

You couldn't relock something you picked unless you found the key, tho.

> But it does highlight developer thinking.

Exactly.  I'm not sure I'd call it "developer thinking", but yes.

The trick is to drive the gameplay without any invisible walls.

> I'm not sure about hidden bits. Oblivion had plenty of those and it
> still got dull, InFamous had none and I loved it.

OK.  Well, *I* find it dull. :-) Maybe that's just because I play every game
like an adventure game. ;-)

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly