POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linear regression : Re: Code regression Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:16:44 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Code regression
From: Gilles Tran
Date: 9 Jun 2010 10:54:02
Message: <4c0fab0a$1@news.povray.org>

4c0f5e84$1@news.povray.org...

> It _looks like_ it's trying to cache previously-computed results. Except
> that the array gets recreated each time the function is called. (Unless
> I've missed something.) And even if it doesn't, each call to the function
> zeros out the whole array anyway! WTF?

The source is here:
http://books.google.com/books?id=gn_4mpdN9WkC&pg=PA208
It seems to make sense in Fortran 77 (possibly due to the way it handles
arrays?), so I just adapted it to VBA without bothering to streamline it. In
any case it doesn't make much sense in VBA for sure. Perhaps the FACTRL
function can be simplified as well.
When I wrote that, the whole Fisher part seemed to run on pixie dust anyway
and I was in a hurry. It worked, so I didn't change anything for fear of
breaking stuff.

G.