POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:19:00 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Darren New
Date: 8 Jun 2010 12:17:49
Message: <4c0e6d2d$1@news.povray.org>
Bill Pragnell wrote:
> Fair enough, but most of the exits I was thinking of were in untouched
> countryside, and, as Scott says of some of his German exits, terminated by sharp
> corners!

Funny enough, there's a stretch of freeway in Pennsylvania that goes about
75 miles with no exits. There are ramps, but the ramps are all walled off at
the bottom.

It seems the government built the expressway, then came along to build the
ramps and surface roads, and the farmers pointed out they had made a deal
generations ago with the government that prevented the government from
confiscating their land for public purposes.

It's definitely creepy, and you do *not* want to accidentally get on the
expressway, unless you like driving 150 miles out of your way.

--
Darren New, San Diego CA, USA (PST)
    Eiffel - The language that lets you specify exactly