POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:35 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2010 09:05:14
Message: <4c0e400a$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2010 3:16 AM, Bill Pragnell wrote:
> "scott"<sco### [at] scottcom>  wrote:
>>> As an aside, on the few occasions I've driven in the US, I was amazed how
>>> short
>>> the acceleration/deceleration lanes were for exits... this was in the
>>> MA/NH area
>>> so I don't know if it's the same everywhere. Our slips roads in the UK are
>>> often
>>> 3x as long!
>>
>> Ditto here in Germany, very short compared to UK. Also the off-ramps
>> suddenly go into a very tight corner which you can only take at 30 mph or
>> so.
>>
>> This one here is near where I live, and is fairly typical:
>>
>> http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?ll=48.138643,11.397221&spn=0.00552,0.01074&t=k&z=17
>
> Eek. Compare that with this, a fairly typical junction on the M40:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=k&ie=UTF8&ll=51.739759,-1.095693&spn=0.009527,0.01929&z=16

Wow ....

This is pretty typical around here ...

http://maps.google.com/maps?ie=UTF8&ll=33.004048,-96.732334&spn=0.006694,0.013937&t=k&z=17

That is also the interchange around where people use the acceleration
lane as a passing lane.

--
~Mike