POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BPM
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2010 08:32:32
Message: <4c0e3860$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2010 3:31 AM, Invisible wrote:

> (Unless, of course, you're working with a language which actually has
> built-in support for calling DLLs. Then presumably it *is* trivial.)

Any language that uses the pascal calling convention or allows the use
of the pascal calling convention has built in support for calling at
least the system DLL's (results may vary with others, especially C++
dlls that use name mangling and thiscall calling convention. But, if you
can emit machine code, you're golden. ;) Just load ECX or RCX with the
target's address push the arguments on the stack (in the proper order)
and you're golden. ;)

--
~Mike