POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:21:18 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BPM
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2010 08:27:33
Message: <4c0e3735$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2010 1:51 AM, scott wrote:

> Funny how it took me about 30 mins of research and coding to come up
> with a working program, when previously I didn't know a single thing
> about it. It didn't require any skills beyond being able to set up a
> struct and calling windows API functions. In my book ludicrously
> difficult is when I think and work on something for *weeks* or *months*
> and cannot get anywhere close to a working program.

Nah, somewhat difficult is dealing with OLE objects on the clipboard,
but that's mainly because of the special memory allocator requirements,
serialization and marshaling requirements.

Rather difficult is writing an Dispatch interface with no framework.

Ludicrously difficult is programming in machine code for a processor
that doesn't yet exist's micro-ops. ;)

--
~Mike