POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Linear regression : Linear regression Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:15:35 EDT (-0400)
  Linear regression
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Jun 2010 08:26:36
Message: <4c0e36fc$1@news.povray.org>
Hi there. Does anybody here happen to know how to perform linear regression?

As in, I've got a list of data points that ought to lie in a nearly
perfect straight line, and I want to discover what the slope and
intercept of that line is. (But each individual point might contain a
certain amount of measurement error.)

I've had a look on Wikipedia, but it starts talking about chi-squared
and Student t-distributions and covariance and basically I have no clue
what the hell any of it means. :-/