POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 13:20:15 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Mike Raiford
Date: 8 Jun 2010 08:21:18
Message: <4c0e35be$1@news.povray.org>
On 6/8/2010 6:51 AM, clipka wrote:

> Overtaking on the right is a no-go, obviously considered worse than lane
> hogging: While overtaking on the right is bound to cost 100,- EUR over
> here, lane hogging (and slow overtaking) is "only" 80,- EUR.

I take it by your description Germany drives on the right side of the
road, similar to the U.S.

I knew someone who was in the military and stationed in Germany who
after several failed attempts finally got a license to drive. He said
their standards for drivers is way above what they require over here.

Of course in the state I'm in once you've got a drivers license from the
state, that's pretty much it. You're never really required to take a
test (unless you're under psychiatric care.. I know this firsthand,
don't ask... Though I did discover that I actually can parallel park
perfectly, and I scored 100% on the written portion... even the
meaningless statistics. I remember the DPS employ's look of shock when
she offered me a few minutes to study the manual and I declined)

--
~Mike