POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:18:17 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: scott
Date: 8 Jun 2010 04:38:59
Message: <4c0e01a3$1@news.povray.org>
> Eek. Compare that with this, a fairly typical junction on the M40:

http://maps.google.co.uk/maps?t=k&ie=UTF8&ll=51.739759,-1.095693&spn=0.009527,0.01929&z=16

Oh I normally turn off just before that one so never seen it IRL :-)

Also the UK layout does a pretty good job of stopping you going the wrong
way down the slip road by accident, because to do so you would have to do
something like a 160 degree turn to get on the slip road.

In Germany there are quite often people joining the wrong way (I hear it on
the radio every few weeks), as often the two slip roads come together with
nothing separating them, it would be possible without much effort to just
take the left lane rather than the right lane, then wham you're turning into
the face of an oncoming autobahn :-(