POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:19:57 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BPM
From: Invisible
Date: 8 Jun 2010 04:31:56
Message: <4c0dfffc$1@news.povray.org>
scott wrote:
>>> Funny how it took me about 30 mins of research and coding to come up
>>> with a working program, when previously I didn't know a single thing
>>> about it. It didn't require any skills beyond being able to set up a
>>> struct and calling windows API functions.
>>
>> So I'm guessing you know an awful lot more about C than I do.
>
> What's C got to do with it?  You can call DLL functions from lots of
> different languages.

Sure. So long as you have the necessary magic numbers for the specific
functions you want to access, and you know how to do the pointer
manipulation to make it happen. It's not exactly trivial though.

(Unless, of course, you're working with a language which actually has
built-in support for calling DLLs. Then presumably it *is* trivial.)

> So long as your language allows you to set up a
> block of data with the common data types it shouldn't be at all tricky.

Heh, right.

I still think recording a few keypresses and doing some statistics on
them is way, way simpler.