POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : BPM : Re: BPM Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:15:59 EDT (-0400)
  Re: BPM
From: scott
Date: 8 Jun 2010 02:52:00
Message: <4c0de890@news.povray.org>
>> Hey, at least he didn't say it's obviously impossible. :-)
>
> No - just ludicrously difficult. ;-)

Funny how it took me about 30 mins of research and coding to come up with a
working program, when previously I didn't know a single thing about it.  It
didn't require any skills beyond being able to set up a struct and calling
windows API functions.  In my book ludicrously difficult is when I think and
work on something for *weeks* or *months* and cannot get anywhere close to a
working program.

> Still, I would also guess that, say, CDex is going to write identical WAV
> files for every track ripped. So I can probably just go measure how many
> bytes the header is, and skip that...

IIRC that's exactly what I did at some point previously.  I guessed/knew the
samples were in 16bit stereo format, so just took 4 bytes at a time from the
file and experimented with the order until the result wasn't white noise!