POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? : Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them? Server Time
4 Sep 2024 15:19:08 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Lane hoggers - how to deal with them?
From: Neeum Zawan
Date: 7 Jun 2010 20:47:45
Message: <4c0d9331$1@news.povray.org>
On 06/07/10 06:36, John VanSickle wrote:
> I am not aware of any law in my jurisdiction prohibiting passing on the
> right, so that's what I would do.  If the lanehog thinks this is rude,
> then maybe he/she/it ought to learn some manners and make the maneuver
> unnecessary.
>
> And why should passing on the right be any more dangerous than passing
> on the left?  Drivers are supposed to check for other vehicles when
> performing any lane change.

	Not sure if it's illegal, per se. However, some states' handbooks says
that you should overtake on the left. I believe the rationale was that
in a collision scenario (e.g. if the car ahead of you brakes suddenly),
you're supposed to swerve to the right.

--
"Maybe the universe IS fuzzy." --- Hubble Telescope Scientist