POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:01 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jun 2010 19:11:48
Message: <4c0d7cb4@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 21:15:42 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>> Deal, as long as you keep buying the *next* one. ;-)
>>
> It is a Scot that you're talking to :-P

But of course I knew that - that's why I phrased the way I did. :-)

>> Well, I can understand that - it's a diet thing for some people.  When
>> I was working with a personal trainer, I was under instruction to drink
>> (I think it was) a gallon of water a day (not at once, but thorughout
>> the day) or something like that.
>>
> A good way to get ill.

Only if you take too much at once.  I've a coworker whose adopted
daughter died as a result of overhydration - it was a form of punishment
- the story is very complicated, but it was all over the news here when
the trial happened.

I forget the measure I was told - I was originally thinking 32 Oz, but
then thought that didn't seem like much.

>>> One job I had (on BP's Thistle) was to keep an eye on the production
>>> instrumentation, when the telemetry had broken. It was about 40 C (104
>>> F) and the humidity was very high. We must have drunk a gallon of
>>> water an hour.
>>
>> I'd believe that.  That can't have been fun.
>>
> It was in a masochistic way.

That's right, you're a Scot. ;-)

Jim