POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life's little problems : Re: Life's little problems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:18:42 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life's little problems
From: Warp
Date: 7 Jun 2010 15:43:19
Message: <4c0d4bd6@news.povray.org>
> Warp wrote:
> >   When they threaten to sue you, or even send you a payment claim outright,
> > are you going to fight? I don't think so.

> You're only going to fight if you're *really* sure that it _is_ fair use...

  Are you going to take the risk? It's always the same: They say "either
you pay us X monetary units now and we forget about it, or if you don't,
we will sue you for X*10 monetary units, your choice". So it's basically
a gamble: If you go to court, you get to pay either 0 or X*10 plus whatever
the court proceedings cost to the loser, or if you don't want to gamble,
you pay X to get out of the situation.

  And remember, they have more highly-paid lawyers than a law school makes
in a year. Still willing to gamble?

--
                                                          - Warp