POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:17:02 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Stephen
Date: 7 Jun 2010 15:26:13
Message: <4c0d47d5@news.povray.org>
On 07/06/2010 7:47 PM, Jim Henderson wrote:

>>> I see - well, then, I guess the first round's mine. ;-)
>>>
>> But I was on BP's Thistle platform for a trip.
>
> Hmmm, might have to reconsider that first round, then. ;-)

As long as you buy the lst one ;_)

>> What a mess it was.<Grrr>
>
> I was watching something this weekend that talked about the number of
> safety incidents for various oil companies over the past 3-4 years.  Most
> of them were in the<  10 category.  BP?  More than *700*.
>
> Ouch.

I'm glad it's called BP instead if British Petroleum, now.

>> I’ve seen clips of his show but you noticed that I didn’t fall into your
>> trap :-P
>> So I accept you apology in advance.
>
> LOL, well played, sir. ;-)

<Bows>

>>> Yeah, "slimy" often kicks the gag reflex here.  But not always.
>>>
>> It does for most Westerners :-)
>
> Interesting, I didn't know that.  I thought it was "just" me (not as in
> "I'm the only one" but "I'm one of a small number").

IMHO :-)

>>> So what do you consider "hot"?  That'll give me an idea. :)
>>>
>> 75 F is hot for most of us Brits but since I've worked in the subtropics
>> anything over 90 F is too hot for my comfort. I did find 104 F was
>> tolerable if I moved slowly and kept out of the sun. And I onced worked
>> for half an hour at a time at 210 F when I was offshore.
>
> 75 F is very comfortable for me.  In fact, that's what it is outside here
> right now.  Warmer than that depends on the humidity and available
> drinking water.  I did some work in Arizona in 106 F (server room setup
> but the building wasn't finished yet and the AC wasn't installed, much
> less the windows), and it was OK, but took a lot of drink with me
> (Gatorade, as I recall).

Yes you need to drink. Which raises another gripe of mine. People
carrying water bottles in temperate climates as if they are in the tropics.

> But I've seen>  100 F in 80%+ humidity and that's just miserable.

One job I had (on BP's Thistle) was to keep an eye on the production
instrumentation, when the telemetry had broken. It was about 40 C (104
F) and the humidity was very high. We must have drunk a gallon of water
an hour.

>> You could knock be down with a feather.
>
> LOL.
>
> <tap>