POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life's little problems : Re: Life's little problems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 07:14:22 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life's little problems
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jun 2010 15:12:30
Message: <4c0d449e@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 12:07:14 -0700, Darren New wrote:

> Jim Henderson wrote:
>> Generally with Youtube they resort to DMCA takedown notices for the US.
>
> I thought they just generally scrubbed the audio out. (I.e., reencoded
> the video with no audio track.)  And with the DMCA takedown, youtube
> just takes it down unless/until you argue they shouldn't.

I don't think YouTube alters the video, it may be that users repost with
the audio scrubbed out.

But yes, with DMCA takedown they take it down, but they do have an appeal
process.  The video is replaced by something that says it was taken down
and whom the request came from (there used to be a recording of Bill
Bailey's Remarkable Guide to the Orchestra up there, but it was taken
down due to a copyright assertion by Bill Bailey and there's a notice
that says so).

Jim