POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. : Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it. Server Time
4 Sep 2024 09:19:36 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Logic Simulator.... For whomever wants to look at it.
From: Jim Henderson
Date: 7 Jun 2010 14:47:12
Message: <4c0d3eb0$1@news.povray.org>
On Mon, 07 Jun 2010 18:49:34 +0100, Stephen wrote:

>>> No, I worked for Conoco for 12 years and for 4 years I contracted for
>>> other operators.
>>
>> I see - well, then, I guess the first round's mine. ;-)
>>
> But I was on BP's Thistle platform for a trip.

Hmmm, might have to reconsider that first round, then. ;-)

> What a mess it was. <Grrr>

I was watching something this weekend that talked about the number of
safety incidents for various oil companies over the past 3-4 years.  Most
of them were in the < 10 category.  BP?  More than *700*.

Ouch.

> I’ve seen clips of his show but you noticed that I didn’t fall into your
> trap :-P
> So I accept you apology in advance.

LOL, well played, sir. ;-)

>>> Slimy is a description, it goes for “ho fun” too.
>>
>> Yeah, "slimy" often kicks the gag reflex here.  But not always.
>>
> It does for most Westerners :-)

Interesting, I didn't know that.  I thought it was "just" me (not as in
"I'm the only one" but "I'm one of a small number").

>> So what do you consider "hot"?  That'll give me an idea. :)
>>
> 75 F is hot for most of us Brits but since I've worked in the subtropics
> anything over 90 F is too hot for my comfort. I did find 104 F was
> tolerable if I moved slowly and kept out of the sun. And I onced worked
> for half an hour at a time at 210 F when I was offshore.

75 F is very comfortable for me.  In fact, that's what it is outside here
right now.  Warmer than that depends on the humidity and available
drinking water.  I did some work in Arizona in 106 F (server room setup
but the building wasn't finished yet and the AC wasn't installed, much
less the windows), and it was OK, but took a lot of drink with me
(Gatorade, as I recall).

But I've seen > 100 F in 80%+ humidity and that's just miserable.

>>> Yeah, bacon butties are the Devil's invention.
>>
>> LOL. Bacon, though, is mana. ;-)
>>

> You mean that the Israelites were eating bacon during their travels in
> the desert?
>
> You could knock be down with a feather.

LOL.

<tap>