POV-Ray : Newsgroups : povray.off-topic : Life's little problems : Re: Life's little problems Server Time
4 Sep 2024 01:14:41 EDT (-0400)
  Re: Life's little problems
From: Orchid XP v8
Date: 7 Jun 2010 14:41:25
Message: <4c0d3d55$1@news.povray.org>
>> You immediately see the problem with this, don't you? Yes, that's right:
>> the minor detail of "copywrite infringement".
>
> And the solution is/may be "fair use".

Don't think that works.

According to the YouTube FAQ (which is not legally binding of course),
it's OK to have music playing if it's incidental to the main purpose of
the video. In other words, if the music was taken away, it would still
be an interesting video.

Posting a 4-minute video containing an entire track prominently in the
foreground because that's what I'm dancing to is hardly "insubstantial",
however.

> Go ahead and video it and post it; the worst that happens is you get a
> takedown notice and have to remove it.

No, the worst that can happen is that I get sued for several hundred
thousand pounds and/or put in jail. Apparently the music industry likes
to do that occasionally, to make an example of people.

--
http://blog.orphi.me.uk/